Amazon Luna is a platform developed by Amazon for cloud gaming. It released into early access on October 20th, 2020. There are more than 100 games available on the platform. There are many channels that you can add on for more games like luna+ and Ubisoft+. Amazon also created a controller called Luna Controller. It can connect to PC, Mac, and Fire TV through Bluetooth allowing you to play on many devices. One of the main issues for many cloud gaming services is latency. Lag is an issue in every game, but it is multiplied when your game is being played to you through the cloud. Some of it has to do with the server that it hosted on, but the majority of the lag comes from the is caused by your connection to the actual game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Amazon Luna
Here is the quickest way to improve lag on Amazon Luna with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Amazon Luna and enjoy!
You can also use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer service for a faster experience.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your system.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your system to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Amazon Luna Lag?
The popularity of Amazon is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will compete against other players with differing Internet connection speeds in many games. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing with Amazon Luna. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Amazon Luna
Let’s start by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Amazon Luna Server Locations
Amazon Luna uses the Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host its games. This is good because ExpressVPN has severs close to the AWS servers.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Games on Amazon Luna with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.